Self-service support channels such as chatbots, online portals, knowledge base and FAQs are considered crucial for customer service. You might even say that they’re now mandatory for any service organization.
Research indicates that 67% of consumers prefer self-service over speaking to a company representative. Furthermore, about 90% of consumers expect brands and organizations to offer an online portal for self-service. Covid-19 also made an impact on self-service, with a 65% increase in use by customers.
From a business perspective, 69% of decision-makers see self-service as a significant part of their service strategy. In 2019, Gartner stated that 91% of organizations plan to deploy AI in self-service within three years. We can assume these numbers might increase due to the accelerated digital transformation companies experienced during the pandemic.
In 2021, Gartner found that 80% of the service industry leaders in B2B and B2C organizations rate migrating to self-service as their top priority, followed by upgrading contact center technology (79%) and automating customer service processes (77%).
These astonishing numbers drive companies to search for innovative solutions that improve their responsiveness and take customer experience to the next level.
10 Facts you should know about Chatbots
- Chatbots can result in 80-90% response rates.
- Chatbots can manage 30% of live chat communication
- Businesses can save up to 30% on their customer service by using chatbots.
- 64% of businesses believe chatbots allow them to provide a more customized customer experience.
- 55% of businesses using chatbots have generated a greater volume of high-quality leads.
- The top 5 industries profiting from the adoption of chatbots are real estate (28%), travel (16%), education (14%), healthcare (10%), and finance (5%).
- Consumers rate “24-hour service” as the biggest benefit of having chatbots available for online services.
- 69% of consumers prefer chatbots for receiving instant responses, and they’re most likely to use chatbots for service-related inquiries.
- 56% of customers prefer to message rather than call customer service.
- By 2022, chatbots will handle 75-90% of queries, according to assessments.
Commbox Self-Service: Automate Over 50% of Your Customer Service Using AI-Powered Chatbots
Meet Commbox – a leading AI-powered omnichannel customer communication platform offering multiple smart self-service solutions.
Commbox self-service solutions allow your business to:
- Provide smart self-service using bots and navigators.
- Divert phone calls to self-service, virtual or live digital agents through virtual IVRs.
- Automatically load forms in the middle of a conversation with a bot.
- Switch between virtual agents (and automated processes) to live agents seamlessly.
Commbox chatbots are equipped with smart capabilities:
- Machine-Learning – CommBox AI-powered chatbots learn from every interaction with your customers and get smarter over time.
- Bots can communicate with other bots and transfer conversations from one Bot to another according to the flow of the conversation while keeping complete transparency from the customer’s point of view.
- Bots can identify types of conversations (sales, customer service, etc) and route a specific conversation to suitable departments or agents.
Find out more about the CommBox smart customer communication solution
Commbox AI-powered chatbots are available to customers seven days a week on multiple languages and communication channels such as Websites, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Instagram and more. The bots are implemented in your website or application, providing a seamless customer experience.
Using Commbox, businesses can build their own personalized bots according to a specific use case in just a few minutes. No coding skills are required.
Customers contacting your business can easily get information and solve common issues through Commbox. No need for live agents, except in complex cases requiring a human touch.
Commbox WhatsApp Business – As an official partner of WhatsApp, Commbox also offers a unique self-service WhatsApp chatbot through which customers can solve their requests instantly, in an encrypted and simple platform.
How Self-Service Benefits Your Business
- Makes your customers happy by meeting their expectations – Satisfied customers are far more likely to remain loyal and paying clients over time. Meeting their expectations is crucial to reduce customer churn and increase your business growth.
- Increases sales – Self-service support improves your customer experience by providing fast and efficient customer service, and it’s worth a lot for your business. 86% of customers say that they are ready to pay 13%-18% more if it means getting a better customer experience. Research indicates that a business can double its revenue in 36 months if it improves the customer experience to a satisfactory level. Providing self-service as an efficient customer service channel would surely make your business more profitable.
- Optimizes your workflow and reduces costs – Providing self-service support diverts the load from support agents and call centers, reducing the need for human workforce, infrastructure, offices, and more. Providing efficient service also reduces customer churn, so your business doesn’t need to focus on customer retention. Self-service allows your business to focus on making more customers happy while saving resources.
Commbox Self-Service Transformed Brands Across Sectors
Commbox’s self-service features solve over 50% of customer service problems in various companies across sectors. One astonishing case study is Pelephone, one of Israel’s largest telecom companies, serving more than 2.4 million customers. Pelephone solves 90% of chat inquiries using Commbox’s self-service suggestions, so customers don’t even need to reach a live chat agent. Clal Insurance & Finance Holdings, a large financial group managing over $50 Billion, solved 57% of customer requests using Commbox’s self-service bots and suggestions.
A Look Ahead
Self-service adoption will continue to grow as more B2B and B2C organizations plan on deploying AI in their customer service. By 2030, Gartner predicted that a billion service tickets will be raised automatically by customer-owned bots, and these numbers may grow due to the effects of Covid-19. Businesses using self-service could double their revenue in 36 months if they reach a satisfactory level of customer experience. Joined with the fact that 67% of consumers prefer self-service over speaking to a company representative, it seems the coming decade will be the era of self-service customer communication.
Commbox offers an innovative solution for customer interactions, creating a holistic customer communication experience. Using the Commbox platform, companies and enterprises can automate recurring tasks that are excessively time-consuming, allowing your agents to focus on more important tasks. Commbox paves the way for autonomous business communication without losing the quintessential human touch. Commbox’s mission is to pave the way for companies worldwide to become autonomous enterprises, without losing their quintessential human touch.